Saturday, May 7, 2011

phase two

This one got away from me.  My first round of gluing images down, I started making bold moves, strong compositional moves, moves that were not in the plan because plans change when you encounter the material.  Images from a magazine are not like paint, they're not plastic, you cannot stretch them or make them bigger, you can only make them smaller.  Long story short, when two hundred scraps are sitting in front of you, sometimes unexpected combinations reveal themselves...and you go with it.  So I made some unplanned moves, moves I didn't really understand, and decided I could deal with the problems they created later.  


At this point it was quite chaotic, so I continued to block out the "noisier" areas.  (No pic available.)  Even so, I am starting to realize that this collage will always be chaotic, that chaotic is what this one is, and that to undo that would essentially require me to completely re-cover all the work I've already done.  Oh well.  Back to the drawing board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment