Wednesday, May 4, 2011

phase one

Today is the first day of my new life.  I have been waiting nine months to work on this collage.  The desktop collage (previous post) was a warm-up for this one.  Right now I am methodically going through all of my National Geographic magazines, selecting potential images, my thoughts slowly warming up.


So, looking at this mess, and reflecting on the desktop collage, I realized that this piece will need a "sturdy" composition, some systematic architecture, some organized sub-structure to lend some control to a surface that will ultimately be chaotic.  The solution I am leaning toward is small squares, perhaps three inch squares.  Each of them, then will be its own composition within the larger composition.  So goes my thinking at this point anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment