Monday, May 9, 2011

phase three

This one has been a real wrestling match: Monday I'm on top, Tuesday Collage is on top.  Wednesday I'm on top; Thursday Collage is on top.  It's like unsure humping between dogs.  Which dog will successfully mount the other dog?  Collage or boy?  Except here there are about 100 dogs and none of them are all that coordinated.  Still, sometimes an upper hand does get taken.  Here's me, lounging at the end of a session, thinking I was on top.


It's good to end a session feeling like a successful dog/artist.  Much better than leaving the studio with that bent head feeling.  The collage studio (at least mine) can be a mind boggling place, what with all the scraps everywhere and all the impossible ideas swirling around, some of which are actually on the collage and others of which are possibly slated to be on it.  Basically, this work can really exhaust a guy.  


So this is almost done.  For the one or two of you who are following my humping progress, this is the last phase that will appear on this blog.  From here on out it's just me and this collage.  A couple days more work and it'll be done.  It has to be.  I'm done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment